Why Doesn’t the Law of Attraction Always Work?
Why doesn’t the Law of Attraction always work? The law of attraction does not always seem to work the way that we would like. Why is that? After all, if the law of attraction is universal, why does it only work part of the time? The answer to that is found in the minds of people who are attempting to use it in a way it was not intended to be used. This can be the result of a misunderstanding of the Law of Attraction. The only thing standing between you and success is yourself. If your mind is clogged with negative energy and cannot release positive vibes which will attract the positive energies of the universe, the law of attraction will not work. You must first rid yourself of all of these negative energies and start fresh.
As with any skill it takes time, effort and devotion to truly master the use of the law of attraction in your life. There are a number of factors which can cause the law to behave in ways which you may not have expected, almost all of which fall back on your ability to follow the guidelines required to find success. Fortunately, the mistakes which are commonly made with regard to the use of the Law of Attraction are usually very easy to identify and correct. They usually result from one or more of the 5 mistakes listed below.
Five Common Mistakes
- Believing that positive thinking is enough to attract what you want- Thinking occurs only on the conscious level. This is why positive thinking is not enough to put the law of attraction into effect. Belief must enter the subconscious as well. The mind is always operating on two levels, the subconscious and the conscious. The conscious mind is being given hundreds of bits of information at any given time from all five senses. This is an incredible amount of information to process. The mind would go crazy if it had to deal with all of that information all of the time. Instead, the conscious mind serves as a filter to review the information sent to it by the senses and retain information it deems important. Anything that it does not deem important is passed along to the subconscious. It is the subconscious which will retain this information, acting as the guardian of this information until such time as the information is needed again. It has long been held that the subconscious has a direct effect on the actions and beliefs of the conscious mind. If the conscious mind is attempting to think positive thoughts while the subconscious mind retains a negative energy the two will cancel each other out, and the desired effect will not be achieved.
- Becoming impatient- The universe works at its own speed. Every action carries with it an equal and opposite reaction. It is essential that all conditions be right in order for an event to occur just as it should. This means that the law of attraction may take weeks, months or even years to effect a fruitful reaction to the desires of a single individual. People of today’s society are spoiled. They want what they want and they want it now. A new theory that does not produce instant results is not going to be received with a great deal of favor.
In addition to that, disbelieving in the law of attraction because it does not meet your established timetable is a direct violation of the condition required to see positive results. If you were confident in its ability to effect the desired results you would be content to sit and wait, knowing that what you want most will come to you in time. On the other hand, the fact that you are not indicates that you do not have confidence in its ability to bring about the desired results. This means that somewhere in your being is a small kernel of negative energy, sufficient to throw a monkey wrench into the whole process of positive attraction. Remember, if you are vibrating negative energy you will attract negative energy back onto yourself.
- Determining ahead of time how and when you will attract what you want- Give the universe time to work! It is possible to become so focused on what you want to happen that you manage to totally miss the event when it occurs if it doesn’t occur in precisely the manner you pictured it would. The universe will choose its own time and place for all things to occur, and these events may take place through rather unusual means. By predetermining exactly how you will receive the rewards which you are seeking you are taking away the choice from the hands of nature, which direct the ebb and flow of the energies of life, and setting yourself up for failure. By taking the ability to choose upon yourself you are essentially saying that you do not have faith in the ability of the law of attraction to effect the desired results. By setting your own timeline for events to occur you will eventually come to disbelieve in the law of attraction which will cause your subconscious to radiate the negative energy which will drive the positive energy away.
- Allowing your emotions to be led by external evidence- In order to reap the full benefits of the law of attraction you need to believe that what you see now is a result of what you have been attracting to this point. It is essential that you realize that what has occurred in your life to this date and what will happen later on is determined by you. Whatever successes or failures you have experienced have been the result of the energies that your mind and body have released out into the universe. It is very easy to look at the events of your life and think, “I certainly didn’t want that to happen; the law of attraction must be untrue because I would never wish for something so awful.” What you have to realize is that it is not always what your conscious mind wishes for that influences what your subconscious mind is projecting.
- Not removing limiting beliefs- There are many occasions in which people fall into a self defeating cycle because they are unable to control the thoughts and attitudes of their subconscious. A common argument against the law of attraction is, “Why is there so much suffering in the world if people have the ability to determine the events of their life?” No, these people have not chosen a life of starvation and servitude; however, due to their history many of them do not truly believe that they have any choice. This disbelief in their ability to change their circumstances because “it is the way that it’s always been” means that they will continue to live this way. Their subconscious continues to project that disbelief and negative energy out into the universe, drawing back negative energy which will cause them to continue to live in this self destructive cycle of events. It is those who have dared to dream, and believe in the possibilities presented by these dreams, who have effected the greatest changes in the world. Do you think that if the colonists had really believed that they would never be free of the British they would have been able to win the revolutionary war? If Henry Ford had not truly believed that man could ride in a car, do you think that the Model T could have been invented? If women really believed that they were destined to live the rest of their life under the thumb of their fathers and husbands, with no say in the lives they would leave, that women’s liberation would have occurred?
The removal of limiting beliefs such as these is absolutely vital to the ability of the law of attraction to work as it is intended to. If you truly feel that the law of attraction is not working for you, take a moment to consider the things that you are wishing for. Do you truly believe that these events can take place, or are you merely making idle wishes? Do you secretly believe that you have a “one in a million” chance of any of those things actually taking place?
In order to project the positive vibes which are necessary to draw the energies of the universe to you it is essential that you be one hundred percent confidant in your ability to effect change. You must be willing to believe that all of the events occurring up to this point have been a necessary prerequisite to bringing these events to be.
The key to the Law of Attraction is the ACCEPTANCE of YOUR responsibility.“…When the voice and the vision on the inside become more profound, more clear and loud, than the opinions on the outside, you’ve mastered you life”
Dr. John F. Demartini